Saturday, August 28, 2010

Life in Singapore

Well, we are two weeks into the school year and things are going really well. We have a wonderful group of teachers and the students are adjusting in to new routines. Sam has volleyball and soccer practice to lead during the week and plays basketball and soccer with some adult guys. I am not leading any sport or after school activity this semester, but have taken up a new hobby of sleeping a lot! :)

I decided a week or so ago that the house did not have enough green in it, so I have started my very own Singaporean garden! Since we don't have a yard, pots around the house are the next best thing. So far I am growing: basil, mint, thyme, and chili peppers. If I can get these to live, maybe I will expand my garden more.

I have also added a few pictures of things that look common in Singapore, but may be unusual to people in other countries. The view from our bedroom window, laundry hanging out the window and a crowded subway (MRT) are things we see weekly.

Hope all is going well with you. We will get another picture of my growing belly uploaded soon! :)

2 comments:

Leo and Jen said...

Do peoples clothing fall to the ground often from 13 stories high? What a bummer to have to retrieve you clothes from the sidewalk down below! You're view is a beautiful city view. What a blessing.

Sam and Noelle said...

We use clips to hold the clothes on the poles, but sometimes clothes fall off. In fact, our first year here I forgot to clip a dish towel on and then put the pole out the window. The towel fell off and landed on a ladies laundry three levels below us. I had to go knock on the door and ask her for my dish towel back. :) Thank goodness it was not Sam's underwear!